We are pleased to announce the support of Google Business Messages as a communication channel.
What is Google Business Messages?
Business Messages is a mobile conversational channel that combines entry points on Google Maps, Search, and brand websites to create rich, asynchronous messaging experiences that delight customers and drive business results.
For many small business owners, Google drives a majority of the online traffic. There is now a “Chat” button right there in Google Maps or Google Search result. A customer can “chat” with your business without bouncing off to another competitor.
Here is an example. When I search “wikipro” in my phone, here is the result:
If you notice, there is a “Chat” button after the “Call” button. After you click the “Chat” button, the Google Business Message screen will show the following:
Customers can type the message in Google Business Message directly.
How to enable Google Business Messages?
You’ll have first turn on Google Business Message in your Google listing. Here is how:
- In Google Search, search for “my business.”
- Tap Customers Messages.
- Tap Menu Message settings.
- Turn on Chat.
WikiPro is integrated with Google Business Messages. You can view and reply to your Google Business Messages using the same platform where you respond to your customer SMS and email. It is a Business Messages Omnichannel for business owners, making it easy for you to take care of your customer conversations in an easy to use system.
How to turn on Google business messages in WikiPro?
This feature is only available for the pro plan and above.
Here are the instructions on how to set up Google Business Messages:
a) Link your Google business listing with WikiPro:
In Reviews -> Review Management, click “Link Accounts”, then click “Connect to GMB” button. You’ll have to allow all of the permissions so WikiPro can be linked with the business listing accounts for reviews and messages.
b) In settings, click Google Message.
- Click on the Integrate button, and a modal will appear.
- The modal will have 3 fields:
– Display Name – Name that you want your agent to be displayed with.
– Website URL – Complete URL of your website starting from http.
– Welcome Message – Automated first message displayed to customers when they open a chat.
- After completing the fields make sure that all fields are correctly filled and then save the form.
- After completing the setup process on the platform you will receive two emails from Google, one to notify you about the further process and another one with the Security Key.
- Follow the steps mentioned in the email from Google BM support and your verification and launch will be completed.
How to reply to Google business messages in WikiPro?
When a Google Business Message is coming, you can view the message in Chat. Just click the chat message and reply as normal.
- Whenever someone will send your business a message via Google Maps our system processes it and automatically creates a Lead Customer with Chat on our platform.
- Message sent by the customer will be displayed as the first message in the chat. Now you will be able to converse with the Lead.
- You can send messages to a Lead up to 30 days after the Lead’s last message.
As a business owner, you want to be able to communicate with your customers on the channels that they are in. WikiPro’s Omnichannel product is the great choice for you to retain, grow and convert your customers.
You can book a 15 minutes free demo with WikiPro:
WikiPro 15 Minutes Free Demo
Or just text us at (626) 289-4300 and we’ll go from there.