Last Updated:October 30, 2018
www.WikiProusa.com is the website of Wikipro Inc
Our postal address:18261 E Gale Ave Ste D, City of Industry, CA 91748
Email:support at WikiProusa.com
Information You Provide
WikiPro collects personal information that you provide when you register for and use the Services, with the following guidelines and restrictions:
- In order to download our tax software, you are required to complete the registration form that includes basic information (such as name, email address, and phone number). Your selected tax preparer will authenticate your identity via their in house procedures.
- If you decide to prepare or file a tax return using the Services with your selected accountant, WikiPro does not collect the information you provide, including your Name, Social Security Number, information about your employment, income, deductions, and any other information included in your return. WikiPro only transmits your information to your selected tax preparer. We refer to this information as "Tax Return Information."
- Any uploaded form or file from your desktop or mobile device will not be collected or stored by WikiPro. The act of uploading a form or file using the Services is for the sole purpose of transmitting your information to your selected tax preparer. In order to facilitate your tax filing order or other tax services, WikiPro may retain your transmitted information until your order is completed or cancelled by your selected tax preparer.
- If you decide to pay your selected tax preparer, we may request additional information, including payment information. If payment is made using credit card, financial information, such as credit card number and expiration date, will not be collected or stored by WikiPro. Payment information will only be transmitted to your selected tax preparer or 3rd party payment processor used by your selected tax preparer .
- When you use our technical support and customer service functions or otherwise contact our support staff on our website www.WikiProusa.com, information about questions or concerns you submit will be collected and recorded by WikiPro.
Automatically Collected Information
WikiPro collects information about your browser or device as it interacts with the Services. This information includes your IP address and device identification information. WikiPro logs information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser in use, access times, pages viewed, IP address and the page visited before navigating to our Services. WikiPro will also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. This information is collected to improve services we offer to you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
WikiPro and our service providers use various technologies to collect information about the use of our Services, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, enhance security, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage of our Services.
Use of Information
The use and disclosure of Tax Return Information is governed by Section 301-7216 of the Internal Revenue Code and many state codes and regulations. We use your Tax Return Information only in accordance with applicable laws, such as to prepare, assist in preparing, or obtain or provide services in connection with preparing your tax return; to provide you with the products and services you specifically request or consent to; or as required by law.
We use registration information and other information you provide to complete orders, to research and address any questions or problem submitted through our technical support and customer service systems, to send you technical notices, updates, and security alerts, as well as to notify you if there are issues with your order or when new/enhanced products and services become available. We may use your registration information to tailor advertising to your interests, to send you marketing messages, or, if you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site.
Information collected by WikiPro may be used to monitor and investigate fraud, identity theft, and other illegal activity and to personalize and improve the Services.
Disclosure of Information
Information collected by WikiPro may be shared under the following guidelines:
- Information may be shared with vendors, consultants and other service providers who are required to use and disclose such information only to perform services on our behalf;
- Information may be shared with taxing authorities, law enforcement, government agencies and others if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of WikiPro or others; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
WikiPro may share your information with employees of our affiliated companies for purposes of providing and maintaining the Services. If you are a professional user, we may share your information with our affiliate companies, so that they may notify you of products and services that may be relevant to you. If you are a professional user and wish to opt out of having information about you shared with our affiliated companies for marketing purposes, please click here.
WikiPro may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Examples may include, but are not limited to: the total number of users served by a WikiPro product/service, general age group ratios, and other statistical data relating to tax preparation and electronic filing service.
WikiPro may periodically send you communications about new products, services, or upcoming events. You may choose to be removed from our email mailing list by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting WikiPro using one of the methods listed at the top of this page (email, phone, or mail) to request that you be removed from our marketing list. Note, however, that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we will still contact you for non-marketing purposes (such as account information, legal notices, account security, bug alerts, and/or changes that may impact your ability to use WikiPro products and services).
If you deactivate your account, you will no longer be able to access any of the information associated with that account including information you provided through associated applications. If you choose to deactivate your account, WikiPro retains your account information in our archives even though it is no longer accessible online. WikiPro retains all related information as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by using appropriate and generally accepted safeguards, procedures, and practices. These safeguards include programs and specifications for physical security; computer and communication security measures; and other measures to restrict access to the data we hold in physical and electronic forms. For example, your sensitive information, such as credit card information, is encrypted when it is transmitted to us. Your access to the Services is password-protected. You should use a unique password and should not share your password with anyone.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out of interest-based ads by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads.